Dijets Governance Portal - is live!

Daniel, Piers, Pav… thanks for acknowledging your support for DIP0m11-SP1 informally.

The Governance Portal is now live enabling DGC Members to vote on all the proposals including DIP0m11-SP1.

governanxe-og

I would however advise against voting for anything yet, at least not until we have had a quick conference call / workshop or something similar where we can go over a few crucial things for each member of the council first before diving right into voting or interacting with the smart contracts running in the background of the portal.

Voting in DGC Portal is fast and easy. However the initial setup process to get to that point of voting is a few steps long. Each council member has to follow these steps to finish the initial setup and registration process. You will notice only a couple of member profiles showing up on the portal. Thats because DGC Members need to register their vote delegation contract address with HAL using their own Decypher wallets first. The currently visible member profiles are just a filler and will in fact be replaced with information of the real wallet and voting contract addresses & detail etc.

I am attaching a video for reference and guide purposes for the process steps below. Please know that we are at hand if and when you need any help through this.

VIDEO OF SETTING UP THE VOTE DELEGATION CONTRACT ADDRESS

VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND UPDATE DECYPHER TO LATEST VERSION
Decypher is installed on Dijets Horizon Browser in this video. The process is entirely identical if you use Google Chrome.

STEPS FOR SETTING UP THE VOTE DELEGATION CONTRACT ADDRESS

1. Update Decypher wallet to its newest version Download it here

2. Login to the Council Decypher Wallet you generated few weeks ago (Utility chain addresss starting with 0x …)

3. Go to the Governance Portal and click “Connect Wallet” on the top right.

4. You will know that you are connected when your wallet address replaces the same connect wallet button to the top right. Click your wallet address and select “View Account Page”

5. Your Account Page will mostly be empty at this stage because of non-activity. It keeps track of all your historical votes, voting rationale, comments, delegations etc. Scroll all the way down to find the Vote Delegation heading and after checking the tickbox click “Create Delegate Contract”

6. Best to keep min 0.005 DJTX in this wallet to interact with the contracts. Confirm the signing of the transaction via Decypher. Upon confirming the transaction on Decypher your vote delegation contract will be deployed.

7. Please make a note of your Vote Delegation address. We will need this address to onboard each council member officially on the portal. HAL will be transferred converted into your Voting Weight or Voting Power using the same Vote Delegation Address.

Can I please request each council member to reply under this post with their Vote Delegation Address. Once we have all the addresses we can then proceed to voting for the proposals/mandates/budget requests etc

Thank you for your time Council.

7 Likes

Morning Saleem, thank you for the above will go through this today, if I have any issues will let you know.

2 Likes

Morning Saleem - very clear video and steps! Here is my Vote Delegation Address: 0x1DB29278d2CFcbf8D5C712Fff93502d434779339

2 Likes

Hi Saleem,

Thanks for outing this together for us, looks very transparent and easy.

I’ll sort it out once back in the country.

All the best

2 Likes

Here is my Vote Delegation Address:

0xc3d15ebaeda9414297489b82335a5da2118e1d94

1 Like

Thank you Saleem

This is what we did yesterday?

1 Like

Yes Daniel and then your vote for the proposal for Alisha to be the dips editor :+1: hopefully the rest of DGC will have voted by tommorow and complete the proposal.

1 Like

Hi Saleem,

See my Delegation Address below:

0x2F6D8E48FE496A5bC2dbcAE30735c8E4aB34c6E5

1 Like

Saleem,

My apologies, I’ve given you the wrong Delegation address, the correct one is attached below:

0x6bCD89027EB0969bbe9b29Fa44D8A67619E4A9F1

Hi Saleem,

I wanted to ask more about “Horizon” Browser, as you have mentioned above, Decypher is already installed on it. When will it be made available for us to use?

Thanks,
Pav

1 Like